I was looking out the window when a red bird flew by. It landed on a branch, and began staring at me through the window. At first, I laughed because it was so intentional in watching me. Then I got curious and looked up the word “cardinal.”
I couldn’t believe what I read. The word comes from the Latin word, “cardo,” which means hinge; “that on which something turns or depends.” The first thing I read about the spiritual meaning of red birds is they symbolize the “blood of Christ.”
So as I sat and obeyed God’s command in Matthew 6:26 by “looking at the birds of the air.” (I just had to let you all know I was obeying God. I love how HIS commands are not burdensome – 1 John 5:3). I heard God’s voice for me on …
- The “hinge” word was loud – everything rides on the blood of Christ!
- Jesus finished work on the cross is the hinge to LIFE.
- His blood cleansed my sin – forever (Hebrews 10:10).
- His body broken, buried, and raised for me so that my “Adam” life (Romans 5) was put to death and HIS resurrected LIFE was united to me (Romans 6).
- I take up His cross today and say, “His finished work is enough for me to rest in.”
Staying hinged as I look at Mr. Red Bird staring at me …
Check out our video describing the benefits of Stronghold’s Stepping Into Christ Groups.